The contents of UNIT 4 – WHO WE ARE are the following:
- Vocabulary: genetic and environmental factors
- Understanding reference (pronouns and possessive adjectives)
- Verb collocations
- Adverbs of degree
- Express opinions and thoughts
- Write an opinion essay
First of all let’s have a look at the different ways of expressing the FUTURE (click on the image if you want a better picture or download the document here).
Now we are going to practice it in the following exercises:
- Future with will 1: affirmative and negative
- Future with will 2
- Future with will 3
- Future with be going to 1
- Future with be going to 2
- Future with be going to 3
- Will or be going to?
- Future plans: Present Continuous
- Will, going to, or Present Continuous?
- Future Continuous / Future Perfect
- Future Perfect
- Future Progressive
- going to-future
Now we are going to practise our listening. Go to Medical Advice and listen to the conversation by pressing the “Play Audio” button, then answer the questions. Press the “Final Score” button to check your quiz. Listen to the conversation again as you read the Quiz Script.
You can do practice activities to review the vocabulary:
You have to answer the TWINS QUESTIONAIRE. Copy and paste the questions and answers and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before your next class in the computer room. You’ll find the information to answer the questions at the following links:
- Multiple Facts and Statistics: Twins Magazine
- US Facts and Figures about Twins – Famous Twins
- NOMOTC-FamousParentsof Multiples
- How many twins, triplets and quadruplets were there in the USA in 2004?
- What are identical twins?
- Who are the world’s oldest twins who ever lived?
- Who were the heaviest twins?
- Name 5 famous celebrity twins.
- Name 5 famous parents of multiples.
- Name 5 movies with twins.