Let’s start working again! This week we are going to practice the contents in UNIT 1 – THE WAY WE LEARN.
First of all we are going to practice with the PRESENT SIMPLE and the PRESENT CONTINUOUS in the following links:
- English 4U : do the present simple exercises (3), the present simple negation (4), the present tense questions (6) and the present progressive ones (7) (present progressive is the same as present continuous).
- English Grammar Online: Simple Present: Form, use and plenty of exercises at the end of the page.
- English Grammar Online: Present Progressive: Form, use and plenty of exercises at the end of the page.
- ESL Lounge: Simple Present: Do all the simple present exercises in this website. You also have explanations about the simple present tense use and structure.
- ESL Lounge: Present Continuous: Do all the present continuous exercises in this website. You also have explanations about the present continuous use and structure.
- The Happy Verby Gang: Try with the Present Simple Girl and Present Continuous Guy. It has explanations in Spanish!
We want you to practice the listening, so listen to Here is the news , and do the gap fill exercise. Open the mp3 player in a new window if you want to look at the questions while you are listening. You may need to listen to it more than once. When you finish you can try with a different listening from the same website esl-lounge – listening.
Lots of verbs!!! Now It’s time for some fun. Listen to I Want to Break Free by Queen while you fill in the gaps of the lyrics.
I Want to Break Free
- Open the main menu in “Top Marks 1 – Student’s Activity Multirom” and do all the exercises in Grammar: present simple, continuous and stative verbs; Vocabulary: Phrasal verbs, Adjectives and prepositions; Listening: Organising Rock Tours. Then fill in homework-chart-1 with your scores and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Multiple Intelligences and find out what special intelligences do you have. Then write an e-mail to email@example.com with the answer. If you want more information about multiple intelligences you can have a look at Tapping into Multiple Intelligences.
- Go to Aula d’Anglès – Ítaca and practice looking at the different sections.