It is clear our local waterway is the Llobregat river.
In the Local Waterway digital project, you will research a local waterway and create a presentation to share your findings about one of the following:
- The upper course
- The middle course
- The lower course
- The delta
You will also recommend ways to conserve and protect the waterway.
You need to create a VoiceThread slideshow explaining your slides with your own voice.
Remember to include bibliography, webgraphy and to use images labeled for reuse.
Do not copy paste from the Internet. Use your own words.
Do not fill your slides with too much text, just facts and figures and key words.
In pairs, write a similar text to the one you have on your SB pg. 44.
Help us save the planet!
- a water-related problem and the causes of the problem
- things that will happen if we don’t take action
- ways to help reduce the problem
Use the writing plan on you book (SB pg.44)
- a water-related problem: managing wastewater
- the causes of the problem: people throwing unsafe items or food down the drain (check the Water Impact Quiz for ideas)
- a water-related problem: the Llobregat river is dirty
- ways to reduce the problem: automatated trash collection wheels
- a water-related problem: managing stormwater to avoid flooding
- ways to reduce the problem: building a green roof / creating rain gardens
- a water-related problem: lots of people around the world don’t have access to toilets
- consequences of the problem: diseases & dangerous situations for women
Other ideas: people waste water, and lots of more ideas on this blog and in your dossier!
Work in pairs, use google docs and share your writing with me on email@example.com
Let’s watch these videos about city solutions to water issues:
VIDEO 1 (up to 01:26)
VIDEO 2 (up to 03:45)
Video 2 link so that you can cite the source.
VIDEO 3 (up to 02:27)
Watch this video:
Now do the following activities. Watch the video again to check your answers.
- Order the following sentences:
a) I’m something they just take for grantedb) and more and more of them every single dayc) I am waterd) To humans I am simply just theree) But there is only so much of me
- Complete the following sentences:
I start as __________ in the __________ .Flow to the __________ and streams.And __________ up in the __________ .Then the __________ begins __________ .And it will take me __________ years to get back to the __________ I am in __________ .
- Does the narrator think humans will fight over water when there are billions more of humans around? Is that the only option?
- Does nature need humans?
At home you can watch this video on the ocean.
So that you can write about water in the past, here you have some vocabulary memory games to learn new words that might be useful for your writing activity. Enjoy!
Now you are ready to write about “water in the past”.
After viewing the documentary “Memòria líquida” in the ethics class, you were asked to interview your grandparents, great-uncle, great-aunt, senior neighbors or friends about water in the past: drinking water? washing up? laundry? bathroom? water restrictions? water collection from fountains? shower everyday? etc.
You can create a web page with your findings by using Adobe Spark.
Remember to use the Past Simple tense (beware of irregular verbs! 🙄 ) and past time expressions. Start by saying who you interviewed. Remember to add photos of the locations mentioned. Use your own photos or free photos and don’t forget to include photo attribution at the end.
This is my example: