Before you join the e-classroom and introduce yourselves to your
international peers, we will need to discuss Internet Safety first.
Talk in pairs and discuss the following:
- WHICH APPS DO YOU OFTEN USE?
- DO YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA?
- DO YOU THINK ALL THE APPS YOU USE ARE SAFE? WHY (NOT) ?
- DO YOU USE THE INTERNET TO COMMUNICATE WITH PEERS AND/OR TO DO RESEARCH ? HOW?
- DO YOU FOLLOW ANY RULES WHEN SURFING THE NET?
- WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO YOUNG PEOPLE ABOUT SAFE INTERNET USE ?
- DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN INTERNET SAFETY AGREEMENT IS?
- DO YOU THINK WE NEED AN INTERNET SAFETY AGREEMENT?
E-classroom communication is the heart of the Global Scholars program because it’s a great opportunity to exchange perspectives and ideas with your international peers.
As a teacher I will always give you a template or some prompts to help you write your post or give feedback to your peers (by reading and replying to their posts). This is an example of a template.
But there are some DOs and DON’Ts in a global discussion.
Read the flashcard given to you and decide if it’s a DO or a DON’T.
Let’s check now.