Why is it not safe to pour grease down the drain? Let’s watch this video and check.
And What Do You Do with Grease?
(Click on the image for more info on SBRenova)
Do you think enough people recycle cooking oil in our city?
Maybe this could be an idea for your Community Action Project…
In pairs, write a similar text to the one you have on your SB pg. 44.
Help us save the planet!
- a water-related problem and the causes of the problem
- things that will happen if we don’t take action
- ways to help reduce the problem
Use the writing plan on you book (SB pg.44)
- a water-related problem: managing wastewater
- the causes of the problem: people throwing unsafe items or food down the drain (check the Water Impact Quiz for ideas)
- a water-related problem: the Llobregat river is dirty
- ways to reduce the problem: automatated trash collection wheels
- a water-related problem: managing stormwater to avoid flooding
- ways to reduce the problem: building a green roof / creating rain gardens
- a water-related problem: lots of people around the world don’t have access to toilets
- consequences of the problem: diseases & dangerous situations for women
Other ideas: people waste water, and lots of more ideas on this blog and in your dossier!
Work in pairs, use google docs and share your writing with me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s watch these videos about city solutions to water issues:
VIDEO 1 (up to 01:26)
Stormwater Management: Green Roofs and Rain Gardens from GrowNYC on Vimeo.
VIDEO 2 (up to 03:45)
Video 2 link so that you can cite the source.
VIDEO 3 (up to 02:27)