In pairs, write a similar text to the one you have on your SB pg. 44.
Help us save the planet!
- a water-related problem and the causes of the problem
- things that will happen if we don’t take action
- ways to help reduce the problem
Use the writing plan on you book (SB pg.44)
- a water-related problem: managing wastewater
- the causes of the problem: people throwing unsafe items or food down the drain (check the Water Impact Quiz for ideas)
- a water-related problem: the Llobregat river is dirty
- ways to reduce the problem: automatated trash collection wheels
- a water-related problem: managing stormwater to avoid flooding
- ways to reduce the problem: building a green roof / creating rain gardens
- a water-related problem: lots of people around the world don’t have access to toilets
- consequences of the problem: diseases & dangerous situations for women
Other ideas: people waste water, and lots of more ideas on this blog and in your dossier!
Work in pairs, use google docs and share your writing with me on email@example.com
Download this document so that you can calculate your personal water footprint. You need to save it as an Excel document. Then open it and fill it in.
You can also try this online water footprint calculator (up till indoor water). Results are in gallons, though. Ever heard of gallons?
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters
This is another calculator you might want to try, especially if you want to find out more about virtual water.