Use page 53 of your Global Scholars Workbook (the ‘Make a plan’ worksheet).
Your presentation should include:
- A front page slide with the name of your urban farming innovation, your names and your city (Sant Boi / Barcelona)
- A slide with your 3D prototype
- The location for your urban farm (why did you choose it?)
- The benefits of the farming innovation you have chosen
- The crops you will grow (why did you choose them? why do they fit our climate and culture?)
- How you will care for your soil (if there is soil) and How you will access water
- Some challenges you might encounter
- A final slide (what can you include on a final slide?)
Then you will have to present it orally to our class.
Rooftop and Hydroponic Farming
Brooklyn Grange is a rooftop farm that was started in 2010 and is the largest rooftop farm in the world. They grow 50,000 pounds (22,600 kg) of organic produce each year. This 3-minute time-lapse video shows their 7-month growing season.
Sky Vegetables is a hydroponic greenhouse farm on a rooftop in New York City. Take a virtual tour of the Sky Vegetables garden with Tara from Global Scholars to learn more about Sky Vegetables and hydroponics!
Definition of Aquaponics