Check the Oasis Community Action Projects in our sites.
One group prepared a workshop to teach primary school kids (6th grade) at Escola Ciutat Cooperativa: a presentation and a board game. Click on the image to find out!
Since food waste is a huge problem, another group conducted a street survey on food waste and gave out fridge magnets and bookmarks with the motto “Stop food waste”! Click on the image!
Finally, a third group contacted the local food bank and they collected food which is now needed: pasta, legumes and cereal. The food collection was carried out at the high school and in the street.
By Anna M, Aida, Ilyas and Izan J.
By Zhouyi, Anna G and Mamadou.
By Cintia, Nerea, Izan G and Marc.
Use page 53 of your Global Scholars Workbook (the ‘Make a plan’ worksheet).
Your presentation should include:
- A front page slide with the name of your urban farming innovation, your names and your city (Sant Boi / Barcelona)
- A slide with your 3D prototype
- The location for your urban farm (why did you choose it?)
- The benefits of the farming innovation you have chosen
- The crops you will grow (why did you choose them? why do they fit our climate and culture?)
- How you will care for your soil (if there is soil) and How you will access water
- Some challenges you might encounter
- A final slide (what can you include on a final slide?)
Then you will have to present it orally to our class.
Helpful resources for you to research online so that you can contribute to the discussion ‘where food begins’. The website contains short videos about 21 popular fruits and vegetables, describing how each is grown.