Check the Peninsula Community Action Projects in our sites.
All groups prepared a workshop to teach primary school kids (5th grade) at Escola Antoni Gaudí.
One group addressed the content of sugar in drinks. Click on the image to find out!
Since food waste is a huge problem, the other two groups felt it was really important to spread the word to stop it!
So, one group gave a presentation on food waste and prepared a board game for kids to learn more about it: a snake & ladders game. If you waste food, you go down; but if you reuse it, you go up! Click on the image to see everything!
Another board game created by the third group in this class was a memory game. The aim of the game was to find matching pairs of food and examples of food reuse. It was a good experience and kids learned about food waste and food reuse and they also learned English food vocabulary. Check it out by clicking on the image!
By Emma, Laura and Pol.
By Gabriela, Álvaro, Alexandra and Anna.
By Alex,Jon,Sehar and Ariadna.
By Mario, Oleksandra, Lucía and Erik.
By Kate, Efraín, Nicole and Iván.
Use page 53 of your Global Scholars Workbook (the ‘Make a plan’ worksheet).
Your presentation should include:
- A front page slide with the name of your urban farming innovation, your names and your city (Sant Boi / Barcelona)
- A slide with your 3D prototype
- The location for your urban farm (why did you choose it?)
- The benefits of the farming innovation you have chosen
- The crops you will grow (why did you choose them? why do they fit our climate and culture?)
- How you will care for your soil (if there is soil) and How you will access water
- Some challenges you might encounter
- A final slide (what can you include on a final slide?)
Then you will have to present it orally to our class.
Check the pictures of the cooking workshop here.
These are the recipes Núria showed us how to cook:
Now you need to create a video while preparing one of these two dishes (bonus if you create 2 videos and double bonus if you create a new recipe video). You can do it in pairs or groups of 3/4.
Some resources so that you can create your videos…