Check the Oasis Community Action Projects in our sites.
One group prepared a workshop to teach primary school kids (6th grade) at Escola Ciutat Cooperativa: a presentation and a board game. Click on the image to find out!
Since food waste is a huge problem, another group conducted a street survey on food waste and gave out fridge magnets and bookmarks with the motto “Stop food waste”! Click on the image!
Finally, a third group contacted the local food bank and they collected food which is now needed: pasta, legumes and cereal. The food collection was carried out at the high school and in the street.
Helpful resources for you to research online so that you can contribute to the discussion ‘where food begins’. The website contains short videos about 21 popular fruits and vegetables, describing how each is grown.
Explore your food environment, create a presentation to share with your international peers.
- Include a map of your food environment.
- Include photos or video of your food environment.
- Include your reflections:
- What did you notice about your food environment?
- How easy (or difficult) is it for you to access healthy foods?
- What improvements would you like to see in your food environment?
Examples of last year’s presentations using Prezi
Examples of last year’s presentations using Adobe Spark
Digital Mapping tools:
These are free online mapping tools that allow you to use Google Maps to create digital maps.