Opinion essay is a formal piece of essay writing which presents your point of view on a particular subject supported by reasons and examples.
A Successful Opinion Essay Consists of:
- An introduction where the topic and your opinion are stated clearly.
- A main body where viewpoints supported by reasons are presented in several paragraphs. This section has also the opposing viewpoint which is proved to be unconvincing.
- A conclusion where the main points of the essay are summarized and your opinion is expressed in other words.
To know more about opinion essays, go to: http://www.writefix.com/argument/.
I’m sure that if you follow the tips you will greatly improve your writing skills.
Below you will find a list of topics. Choose one for your essay.
Argument Essay Topics
1. Some businesses now say that no one can smoke cigarettes in any of their offices. Some governments have banned smoking in all public places. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
2. To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
3. In Britain, when someone gets old, they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who should be responsible for our old people? Give reasons.
4. TV: could you be without it? Discuss.
5. The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
6. Does modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technology was simpler?
7. If children behave badly, should their parents accept responsibility and also be punished?
8. Does travel help to promote understanding and communication between countries?
9. Should retirement be compulsory at 67 years of age?
10. Does having a drinking age of 18 contribute to binge drinking and alcohol abuse among young people?