What song makes you feel positive and brightens your day? Let’s make Easter holidays a little bit more enjoyable by sharing songs we really like (the songs must be in English!)
Steps to follow:
- Click on the + button and create a post.
- Write the name of the song and the artist.
- Click on the “link” button and copy the Youtube address.
- Explain why you like this song & write your name when you finish.
- Check other people songs and rate them by giving them stars. If you discover a beautiful song you didn’t know before just leave a comment.
Remember to always be polite!!!
[Designed by Helena Martínez & Carles Ricart. Practicum UPF 2020]
I. How many things can you do that depend on the Internet nowadays? Note them down.
II. Before you watch the video, say whether these sentences from video 1 are true or false:
- Internet was invented in 1969
- It was invented in the University of Florida.
- The first message was LOGIN and then the system crashed.
- The fathers of the Internet are two men and one woman.
III. This words will appear in the video. Look them up in the dictionary.
dial-up modem / kick-start / develop / worm / outbreak /
computer security / web server / web browser / storage
The Internet has turned 50 years old. Do you know when, where and who invented it?
I. We’re going to write an article for our magazine about the 50 years of Internet. Before you watch it: do you know the meaning of these words?
lab / router / lo and behold (used to express surprise) / available / device
II. Watch the video and answer these questions in groups of three.
1. What is the video about?
2. What do you think the lyrics of the song mean and what do they have to do with the story?
If I had another chance tonight
I’d try to tell you that the things we had were right
3. Write a short story about this girl. Why was she carrying a heart? What was she looking for? What happened in the end? Make up an ending for the story.