Category Archives: exercises
At a restaurant
Leave a reply
1. At a fast food restaurant.
- Fast food vocabulary (1 exercise)
- Listening: Joe’s hamburger restaurant (3 exercises)
- Fast food restaurant. Listening exercise.
2. At a regular restaurant
- Restaurant conversations (4 exercises)
- Writing – at the restaurant (2 exercises) (click on 1st year – Elementary -> Writing -> Topic 2: at the restaurant)
3. Conversations at a restaurant
- Manythings – Travel survival sentences – Restaurant
- Talkenglish – Restaurant
- learn-english-today – Restaurants. Food. Useful phrases
a) Read about shopping in London:
b) Do the following exercises on shopping:
- Shopping vocabulary. Exercises: Match it, Crossword
- Dialogue – shopping
- Clothes shopping
- At the shoe store
- Shopping for the day
c) Speaking and writing. Read some conversations and create similar ones.
- Travel survival sentences: Buying things
- Useful shopping phrases: finding a shop, opening hours, shopping for clothes, paying, dialogues
- Travel English: Store and more
Asking for and giving directions
- Listening. Directions
- Listening exercise. Directions
- Listening exercise: Directions Through Town
- Quiz: Directions
- After the spy
- Speaking. Directions
- Travel Survival Sentences – Directions
The London underground
1. Use this map of the London underground for exercises 5, 6 and 7 in your hand-out.
Alternatively, use the journey planner
2. Watch this video to do exercises 9, 10 and 11.
Take a virtual sightseeing tour of London. Read the information about famous tourist attractions and take the London quiz.
How much do you know about London?
Do the following quizzes:
General questions about London
and write down your scores.
Now visit A weekend in London and write the answers to the questions in your worksheet.