At a restaurant
1. At a fast food restaurant.
- Fast food vocabulary (1 exercise)
- Listening: Joe’s hamburger restaurant (3 exercises)
- Fast food restaurant. Listening exercise.
2. At a regular restaurant
- Restaurant conversations (4 exercises)
- Writing – at the restaurant (2 exercises) (click on 1st year – Elementary -> Writing -> Topic 2: at the restaurant)
3. Conversations at a restaurant
- Manythings – Travel survival sentences – Restaurant
- Talkenglish – Restaurant
- learn-english-today – Restaurants. Food. Useful phrases
Visit these websites
to get to know more about British money. See pictures of the coins and banknotes so that you can recognize them.
a) Read about shopping in London:
b) Do the following exercises on shopping:
- Shopping vocabulary. Exercises: Match it, Crossword
- Dialogue – shopping
- Clothes shopping
- At the shoe store
- Shopping for the day
c) Speaking and writing. Read some conversations and create similar ones.
- Travel survival sentences: Buying things
- Useful shopping phrases: finding a shop, opening hours, shopping for clothes, paying, dialogues
- Travel English: Store and more
Asking for and giving directions
- Listening. Directions
- Listening exercise. Directions
- Listening exercise: Directions Through Town
- Quiz: Directions
- After the spy
- Speaking. Directions
- Travel Survival Sentences – Directions
The London underground
1. Use this map of the London underground for exercises 5, 6 and 7 in your hand-out.
Alternatively, use the journey planner
2. Watch this video to do exercises 9, 10 and 11.
Take a virtual sightseeing tour of London. Read the information about famous tourist attractions and take the London quiz.
This is the hostel where we will stay in London:
For more information and photos, click here.
How much do you know about London?
Do the following quizzes:
General questions about London
and write down your scores.
Now visit A weekend in London and write the answers to the questions in your worksheet.