a. Listen to the song
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtPLldNw8Wk" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
b. Look at the following reported sentences, could you wite the direct sentences of the Lyrics of the song they refer to ?
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET
(written by John Lennon & Paul McCartney)
A: He whispered in my ear that he was in love with me.
B: He expressed doubt that I would ever know how much he really cared for me.
C: He insisted that we were the only ones who knew.
D: He told me that I would never know how much he really loved me.
E: He admitted that the realisation had dawned on him a week or two earlier.
F: He offered to confide in me if I promised not to tell.
Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks to God for the harvest and express gratitude to others for our many blessings.
It is celebrated the 4th Thursday in November (U.S.).
Watch this video
Search this website and find the answers to the questions. Click on the different links to find all the answers. You don’t need to understand all the words.
When the class finishes, hand in the asnwers to your teacher. 😳
DO YOU NEED A DICTIONARY?
- What is “The Elephant Man”, a book or a film?
- Who wrote the book?
- Who drected the most famous film?
- When was the film produced?
- When was Joseph Carey Merrick born?
- Where was Merrick born?
- How was he called? Why?
- What does elephantiasis mean in Spanish?
- What causes this illness?
- Why is elephantiasis associated to The Elephant Man?
- Is it now believed that Merrick’s deformity was caused by this illness?
- What is a Proteus syndrome?
Now, let’s search information about the author, click on Tim Vicary’s official website and answer these questions
- What kind of books does he write?
- Who are the books specially written for?
- Name two thrillers.
- Name two true stories.
- Write a summary of The Elephant Man. You can use this translator to help you understand it.
Did you like this activity? 👿
Have you finished? CONGRATULATIONS! 😛
Send a comment with your mark – from 1 to 10-.
Try GRADE 3 dictations.
Each grade has 3 different levels.
We’ll check them in hour B next week.
As you already know I received a Comenius grant to participate in a European Union-funded programme in a course on English Literature in Exeter. This is the link to the website one of my colleagues created about our stay in the west of England. We weren’t in the same course so I didn’t do all the activities he explains.
What did you like most?
1. This activity is about one particular country.
2. Read some sentences about the country.
3. Guess which country I’m talking about.
a) The population of the country is about 45 million.
b) The country is 499,542 square kilometers.
c) The country is in Europe.
d) The capital city is in the centre of the country.
e) The climate is nice, with quite a lot of sunshine.
f) A lot of tourists visit the country; many go there to lie on the beaches.
4. Do you already know the answer? Yes, it’s Spain.
5. Two reporters travelled to Córdoba and Seville in Andalucía, Spain, and asked people the question:
“What do you love about Spanish culture?”
Write (on comments) at least 5 sentences from the video that you would like to follow.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLpj9BMNZU0" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
What do you use INTERNET for?
Try this activity where someone is describing what they do on the Internet. You have 15 seconds per question to choose the correct answer.
Have you seen it on TV??
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lp0IWv8QZY" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
If you can’t see it, click here
Anwers the questions in a short paragraph:
1. How old is Susan
2. What’s her job?
3. Who does she live with?
4. What is her marital status?
5. How long has she been singing for?
6. Where is he from?
7. What is her dream?
8. Who would she like to be like?
WEBQUEST: Find out about the culture and lifestyle in Australia. When you go there, what differences do you find? What do you like and dislike about it? What do you miss from your own country? What would you like to bring back from Australia?
Watch this video and share an embarrasing moment with us.
Why don’t you send yourEnglish penpals from Brooke Weston a new letter about the following topic:
End of second term coming, what are your projects for the future?
GREAT NEWS! Those who are MSN-ing and Facebooking could download a new FREE software CALLED “SKYPE” and with a headset you can talk, instant message (IM) or make video calls for nothing.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Pr7KnS54zg" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHH-6ZQktRQ" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
- Which ones do you think are true? Explain it in your own words!
- Transcript the last sentence which is written below the image. Guess the meaning.
Follow these steps to join sentences easily:
- THE WOMAN is my teacher’s wife. Tim is talking to HER
- Which element of the first sentence appears in the second sentence? THE WOMAN, HER
- Choose the correspondant relative pronoun ( who/that, which/that, where, when, whose).
- Is it a defining or non-defining relative clause? It’s a defining because THE WOMAN is not enough to identify the person we are talking about.
- Add the relative pronoun and the relative sentence. THE WOMAN who/ that Tim is talking to
- Write the rest of the sentence The woman (who) Tim is talking to is my teacher´s wife
- REMEMBER: we can omit the relative pronoun because it´s not the subject!!
At last here are the winners:
For those who want to get an extra point,
- Watch movies examples from the link given
- Click on MAKE A MOVIE
- The starter “RUN”will be the begining of your movie!
- What happened before this scene? YOU DECIDE -click MAKE MOVIE FROM RUN
To get the extra point you must pay attention to time expressions and sequencing words you’ve learnt from unit 2. Show the power of your imagination !!
To save your film you must sign in. Once signed in you’ll be able to upload in my blog.
- Has de validar el teu NOM D’USUARI i CONTRASENYA del XTEC.
- Després ja pots sortir de la web i incloure en “comments” del meu blog el homework (HW) que et vagi demanant. No t’oblidis de signar amb el teu nom i cognom el teu treball.
Before the exam, review the following grammar structures:
E.g: They play golf and they play tennis, too.
Not only do they golf, they also play tennis
“a big, square, red box” or ” a square, big, red box”
Ready to improve your skills on the topic of FOOD and EATING?
Quiz of phrasal verbs related to food
Ways of eating
Some expressions about food
Quiz about food and drink
Serving a table
Enjoy this project on healthy eating
Understanding your guests
Understanding the menu
Behind the bar
Back of the house