1. The early bird catches the worm.
2. Everything comes to he who waits.
3. Man cannot live by bread alone.
4. Half a loaf is better than no bread.
5. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
6. It’s never too late to learn.
7. The pen is mightier than the sword.
8. Words don’t hurt like sticks and stones.
9. The best things in life are free.
10. There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
11. Seeing is believing.
12. Appearances can be deceptive.
13. Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.
14. The penny-wise are pound-foolish.
15. When in Rome do as the Romans do.
16. To thine (=your) own self be true.
17. He who hesitates is lost.
18. Look before you leap.
19. Two heads are better than one.
20. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
21. Once bitten, twice shy.
22. Third time lucky.
23. Ignorance is bliss.
24. Knowledge is power.
25. Tomorrow is another day.
26. Tomorrow never comes.