You have to match the MP3 files with the questionnaires. They are not in order!!
LISTENING MP3 FILES: Download them!
1. SAVE THE ANIMALS
2. RUTH MANORAMA
3. PIECES OF AN ANCIENT CULTURE
4. MICHAEL PALIN
5. GOURMET GARBAGE
6. ARE ALL TWINS ALIKE?
7. ANNOYING CELLPHONES
9. ANIMAL RIGHTS
10. THE BEST-SELLER CONNECTION
Some of them already have the mp3 file. Use the top part only when you can’t find the file.
Click here to view the listening exams. Scroll to bottom of the page. You have the 4 parts and the answer key.
Hello class! Here you have a very good explanation of the passive voice by an American teacher.
I hope it helps you! You will also find some exercises to review it.
1. Active or passive
2. Passive: various tenses
3. Explanation on Passive Voice
4. Exercises on Passive Voice: varied.
5. HAVE /GET SOMETHING DONE
- You can also visit your workbook explanation on pages 94-95.
- Then I am posting you on line exercises so as to do more practice.
- Relative pronouns, who, which, whose or No pronouns.
- Relative pronouns, who, which or whose.
- Test on relative clauses.
- Relative pronouns: who, which, whom, who, that, when or where.
- Combine sentences using a relative clause.
- Test on relative clauses. NEW!!
Keep an eye on the POSTS because there are also interesting readings such as ROCK AND ROLL GRANDADS and you POST some comments on them.
HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY!
Are you ready to learn about music?
1. Click in here and follow the instructions on line. You must do the PREPARATION, the TEXT, which you can listen to it too, and the TASK.
2. Write an essay. What do you think of this article? Do you think that pop and rock music should be only for young people? Why? Why not?
1. Read the following explanation on HAD BETTER and do the exercises at the end of it.
Try to do the following exercises to practice on modal verbs.
1. Modal verbs: CAN / COULD / HAVE TO / MUST /MIGHT / SHOULD
2. All type of modal verbs. Difficult level.
3. Fill in NEEDN’T or MUSTN’T.
4. ABILITY: CAN/ COULD / BEEN ABLE TO
5. PROBABILITY: CAN / COULD / MAY / MIGHT / MUST
6. MIXED USE: CAN / COULD / MAY / MIGHT.
7. DON’T HAVE TO / MUSTN’T
8. MODAL PERFECT: WOULD / SHOULD / MIGHT + HAVE + PAST PART.
9. MODAL VERBS: on line test
10. MODAL PERFECT: MUST / SHOULD / SHOULDN’T / COULD + HAVE + P.P
[scribd id=47688441 key=key-2o6twedoqppvajx2kbhy mode=list]
Your assignment for Christmas Holidays is:
1. Choose and read a short story.
2. Write a book report on it. You have all the steps and instructions in this document .
3. Deadline: January 10th, 2011.