Open the file I sent it to your e-mail last week (Night at the Museum) to do a scavenger hunt about the film Night at the Museum. Here you have a trailer of the film. I hope you like it!.
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
In order to do this activity you should join in groups of 3 and e-mail me the answers in a Word document. This should be hand-in in two weeks time.
Now, that you have guessed who designed the US flag we want you to have a virtual tour around her house. Have a look at the following web page: http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flaghome.html.
Then, answer the following questions about it:
1. Was Betsy the owner of the house?
2. Which flag waves onto Betsy Ross´s house?. Why?
3. Where is Betsy Ross´s house located?.
4. Why is her house located exactly in this city?. Why is this city important for the US?.
5. What is the Congressional Room?
6. How many rooms does the house have?
7. Write 10 sentences describing her house using the structure THERE IS/ THERE ARE. Revise your class notes to do this exercise correctly.
* You should have sent this exercise by Friday.
Today we are going to learn about the U.S. flag. Did you know who designed the first U.S. flag?. And how did this first flag look?. What do the stars represent? And the stripes?.
In the following webpages you can find the answers. Have a look and send me an e-mail with the answers you found:
This task should be hand in next Monday.
Welcome to everybody!. This blog will be mainly devoted to practise English and learn about the U.S. culture. So, why not begin with a song!
BORN IN THE USA