CHAPTERS 1, 2, 3, 4:
1- TRUE OR FALSE ( CORRECT THE FALSE ONES)
- -Most Australians live in the centre of the country
- -The first British convicts landed in Australia in 1788
- -Melbourne used to be the capital of Australia
- -Darwin has a lot of high-rise buildings
2-PUT THESE SENTENCES INTO THE RIGHT ORDER.
- Gold was found in New South Wales and Victoria
- Captain Jame Cook said that Australia belonged to Britain
- The six Australian states joined together to make one country
- The Aborigines came to Australia
- People from European countries like Italy and Greece came to Australia
- The Dutch sailors William Jansz and Abel Tasman came to Australia
- The first British convicts landed in Port Jackson
CHAPTERS 5, 6, 7:
3-ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- How many different groups of Aborigines lived in Australia when the British came there?
- How fast can a Kangaroo travel?
- What is strange about the echidna and the platypus?
- What do people do in the outback when someone is hurt or ill?
4-CHOOSE AN ANIMAL, BIRD OR PLANT FROM AUSTRALIA. FIND OUT AND WRITE ABOUT IT.
CHAPTERS 8, 9, 10:
5-ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Why do people visit the Great Barrier Reef?
- Why do people live under the ground in Coober Pedy?
- Can you name three different kinds of food that are grown in Australia?
- Why is Evonne Goolagong famous?
6-CHOOSE A FAMOUS AUSTRALIAN. FIND OUT ABOUT HIM OR HER AND WRITE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOUR CLASS.
CHAPTERS 11, 12, 13, 14:
7-TRUE OR FALSE?
- New Zealand has more land and fewer people than Great Britain
- New Zealan has only three mountains
- Women have been able to vote in New Zealand for more than a hundred years
- Today children cannot speak Maori at school
8-CHOOSE A FAMOUS NEW ZEALANDER AND WRITE SOMETHING TO SHOW TO YOUR CLASS
CAPTERS 15, 16, 17, 18:
- How old is Aucklad’s newest volcano?
- Which was New Zealand’s largest city in the nineteenth century?
- Can you name three sports that are popular in Australia and New Zealand?
- How many official languages are there in New Zealand?