® Boil to the surface: If a problem or issue boils to the surface, it emerges at a particular time and needs to be discussed or resolved.
® Tall enough to hunt geese with a rake: A person who’s much taller than a person of average height.
® As much use as a chocolate teapot: Something that is as much use as a chocolate teapot is not useful at all.
® As much use as a handbrake on a canoe: This idiom is used to describe someone or something as worthless or pointless.
® Get off the ground: If a project or plan gets off the ground, it starts to be put into operation.
- Ø To kiss a miss is awfully simple
But to miss a kiss is simply awful
- Ø Two tiny tigers take two taxis to town.
- Ø Denise sees the fleece,
Denise sees the fleas.
At least Denise could sneeze
and feed and freeze the fleas.
- Ø What a terrible tongue twister,
what a terrible tongue twister,
what a terrible tongue twister…
- Ø How many cookies could a good cook cook If a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
- Ø How much ground would a groundhog hog, if a groundhog could hog ground? A groundhog would hog all the ground he could hog, if a groundhog could hog ground.
- Ø How many sheets could a sheet slitter slit if a sheet slitter could slit sheets?
- Ø How much oil boil can a gum boil boil if a gum boil can boil oil?