Choose one of these topics and look for information on Internet. You have to work in pairs, process and edit the information you have selected and explain what you found in class. You can use powerpoint, prezi or any other visual aid. You have to talk for about 4 minutes each.
You will have to answer a questionnaire once the expositions are finished.
Dates for the expositions: 6th – 7th – 8th November 2019
The Plague in England
Pubs in London
The Great Fire in London
The successive invasions of Britain: Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons,Vikings and Normans
The Potato Famine in Ireland
The war of the Roses
The One Hundred years war
Henry VIII and his six wives
The Civil War in England
Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh: national heroes or pirates ?
Here you have different topics for the project. Choose one of them:
1. Shakespeare’s personal life
2. Shakespeare’s professional career
3. Shakespeare’s use of language
4. Shakespeare’s influence in present-day English language
5. Shakespeare’s plays and or main characters
6. Shakespeare’s historical plays
7. Shakespeare’s romantic plays
8. Shakespeare’s comedies
9. Shakespeare’s tragedies
10. Shakespeare’s poetry
11. Queen Elizabeth I (the person, and her reign)
12. Elizabethan London / England (society, politics, religion, entertainment, etc.)
13. Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, and the New Globe Theatre. What theatres were like at Shakespeare’s time.
14. Other well-known British authors in Shakespeare’s time
15. Women in Shakespeare’s literature
16. Religion in Shakespeare’s literature
17. Politics in Shakespeare’s literature
18. Shakespeare and/or Shakespeare’s works in films
Watch this picture and comment on it with your partner. You should talk about colours, characters, emotions, background… When you finish, imagine a short conversation between the boy and the man.
Half of the class (student A) will watch the first two minutes of the short film, while the other half (student B) looks at the opposite side. After those 2 minutes, student A explains the start of the film and student B listens.
Student A and student B change roles with minutes 2-4.
How does the film finish? All students predict the end of the film and then watch it
Students think of a different end and share ideas
Use as many modals and modal perfects as possible. Use this link to check if necessary