- If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don’t have it. What is it?
- You can’t keep this until you have given it.
- Take off my skin, I won’t cry, but you will. What am I?
- What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can’t buy it in a bookstore or take it from the library.
- What can go up and come down without moving?
- What do you fill with empty hands?
- What do you serve that you can’t eat?
- What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don’t want to use it?
- What goes up and never comes down?
- What has a foot on each side and one in the middle?
- What has to be broken before it can be used?
- What kind of coat can be put on only when wet?
- What question can you never answer “yes” to?
- What’s the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?
- Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg are white?” or “The yolk of the egg is white?”
- You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
- A secret / 2. A promise / 3. An onion / 4. A telephone book / 5. The temperature / 6. Gloves / 7. A tennis ball / 8. An anchor / 9. Your age / 10. A yardstick / 11. An egg / 12. A coat of paint / 13. “Are you asleep?” / 14. To hold cows together / 15. Neither, the yolks are yellow. / 16. A telephone
Riddles from http://www.teacherneedhelp.com/students/riddles.htm
Image taken from www.flickr.com/photos/23054755@N00/114032330